3/16/2008

Introverted Bookworm Quaker

So this is what's in my pile right now, in physical order from the top down:
  • Erasing Racism by Molefi Kete Asanta, 2003

  • The Third Jesus by Deepak Chopra, 2008

  • Ringo Saves the Day: A True Story: Pets to the Rescue by Andrew Clements, illustrated by Ellen Beier

  • Apocalypse of the Word: The Life and Message of George Fox by Douglas Gwyn, 1986

  • Christianity for the Rest of Us: How the Neighborhood Church is Transforming the Faith by Diana Butler Bass, 2006

  • The Rich Heritage of Quakerism by Walter R. Williams, 1962 (edited reprint 1987, Barclay Press)

  • The Seed Cracked Open: Growing Beyond Racism by Vanessa Julye, 2006

  • Oxford Study Bible by Oxford University Press, Inc.

  • Resistance and Obedience to God: Memoirs of David Ferris, 1707-1779, edited by Martha Paxson Grundy, 2001

  • The Last Week: What the Gospels Really Teach About Jesus's Final Days in Jerusalem by Marcus Borg and John Dominic Crossan

  • Practicing Peace: a devotional walk through the Quaker tradition by Catherine Whitmire

  • A Living Faith: An Historical Study of Quaker Beliefs by Wilmer Cooper
Whew! I see that I need to simply re-shelve several of these. I've read them. I thought I might blog about them, but this will probably have to do.

Meanwhile, I'm in the middle of reading what seems like an embarrassingly large number of these.

And the list is incomplete, because Robin M. has my copy of Clarence Jordan's The Sermon on the Mount.

No comments: