11/05/2019

When an oak leaf is enough

Recently Martin Kelley wrote on the Quaker Ranter, "Apparently it’s that time of year again. The days grow shorter, the nights grow chillier, and we bemoan the death of blogging." 

And Wess Daniels wrote on Gathering in Light posted, "Recently, I came across my old blogroll (a set of links of blogs you followed, supported, wanted to give props to), and 8 out of 10 of the links were dead."

It got me to thinking about this blog. I hardly post even once a year here any more. Yet I also don't post as much to social media as I used to. For a while I was putting my artsy photos on Flickr, but now there is a limit to how many images you can upload for free, besides all the business issues they've had.

So it occurred to me I could just post stuff here again. It doesn't have to be weighty thoughts on Quakerism or theology or the like. It could just be a photo of 
a brown oak leaf -- 
rain droplets on its surface --
against the backdrop 
of red brick pavers, with moss in between.
And that would be weighty enough.


Brown oak leaf with rain droplets lying atop red brick pavers

2 comments:

Martin Kelley said...

I like it! Of course I liked it when I saw it on the gram too! :)

Chris M. said...

Thanks, Martin! I was hoping you might find this.

(Also, too: Well, actually... I don't have a personal gram, and that one didn't go on the work account I help run, so I think it was only on the place that fakes books.)