7/14/2010

Unexpected delight - Interview with Ben Pink Dandelion

I am compiling a list of recent books I've read, and in the process googled Ben Pink Dandelion's new, very small book Celebrating the Quaker Way. He calls it a Quaker devotional, and it's a lovely little book.

The search results turned up an interview with him from 2008, in the UK Church Times. Here's a quote I liked:
I pray that other people will feel God in their life, and I often pray for people who are suffering from illness or who are having a difficult time financially. I pray that they will be wrapped in God’s love — not so much about fixing the problem. Life should be praying.
Here's a link to the full article:

www.churchtimes.co.uk/content.asp?id=64503

It's worth reading. So is the book! I ordered my copy from Quaker Books.

1 comment:

Liz Opp said...

Hi, Chris.

I picked up this little booklet at (or after?) the 2009 FGC Gathering, during which Ben Pink Dandelion spoke. He was a fun plenary speaker, and I found some of what he shared during Gathering shows up in the booklet--or vice versa!

Blessings,
Liz Opp, The Good Raised Up